Hosted by E.K.Bensah Jr, a Research & Communications Specialist, the show seeks to disrupt the African Rising narrative by demystifying;unpacking; and explaining ECOWAS;African Union; South-South Cooperation policies around Africa's integration.
PODCAST>> "AFRICA IN FOCUS: "Africa's Aviation Sector: Challenges; Prospects and the Future" (19 August, 2014)
From Emmanuel K:
"Kindly find a podcast of the 19 August edition of "Africa in Focus", which looked at some of the challenges befalling the Aviation Sector in Africa:
"Guiding Questions answered:
· What concrete measures are airlines taking to help bring down tickets?
· How satisfied are the airlines operating here that the Yamassoukro Declaration is being implemented?
· What is the state of play about aviation fuel? Are some airlines getting it cheaper elsewhere?
· Taxes, Charges and Fees are the highest in West Africa. Is it a case of West African governments being insensitive to the necessity of airlines in contributing to Africa's development?
· With the onset of Ebola, how are airlines bracing themselves to respond to the crisis? What assurances are they giving their passengers?
· What can our governments do better to help the aviation sector, beyond implementing the YD?"