Hosted by E.K.Bensah Jr, a Research & Communications Specialist, the show seeks to disrupt the African Rising narrative by demystifying;unpacking; and explaining ECOWAS;African Union; South-South Cooperation policies around Africa's integration.
PODCAST>> "AFRICA IN FOCUS: "East Africa Rising: Rwanda, Rwanda!" (15 July, 2014)
From Emmanuel K:
"Kindly find the podcast of the NINTH edition of the "Africa in Focus" show, which interrogated the question:
"Even as we celebrate this beautiful new star of Africa, we must begin to ask important questions on how it has been able to link conservation and tourism to development in a way that is reflected through the annual gorilla-naming ceremony. As Ghana prepares itself to host the UN World Tourism Organisation international conference on Tourism Branding, what lessons can it learn from Rwanda which makes up to USD300m a year on tourism?"
OTHER QUESTIONS ANSWERED INCLUDED:
• When did the idea for the gorilla-naming ceremony come about, and why is it important for Rwanda? (Ignatius, RwandAir)
• What are some of the best practices on tourism that Rwanda can share?
• What are some of the achievements Rwanda has been able to chalk since the end of the genocide in 1994 (Ambassador Habineza)
• Why did the city of Kigali decide to establish the Genocide Memorial museum? (Serge Rwigamba)
• How has the genocide memorial been able to renew the spirit of Rwandans towards re-building their country? (Serge)
• What has Rwanda done right which Ghana can learn from?"